Friday, June 19, 2015

The Cutting of the Rose (Text & Audio)

Though you talk to me with sweetness
on your breath and in your heart, 
My body will not rise to feel 
your meaning in whole, or in part.

I am a woman without a doubt
my servitude is the measure, 
Your expectant stance and countenance
is but my single pleasure.

You will never have to worry, my love
If I shall ever stray, 
For the offending thorn of my desire
has been sharply cut away.

Tuned and pruned to suit my groom
I am the comely bride, 
Submitting to my husband's will
without desire but with pride.

I am free from worldly sins
for the path I chose, 
May Allah bless the garden keepers
for the cutting of the rose.

by Jessica Holter for Verbal Penetration 

Listen to Jessica Holter perform The Cutting of the Rose  
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/11273457

No comments: