Friday, May 01, 2015

Cataracts for Cadillac’s

I may be a whore in the street 
but the only meat that I seek 
is that of the master 
my Lord

Just give me the glove
I stand on stages
Breath life into pages
My soul blazes truth and community love
Black Love
Rich love
Thick love 
Like: 
3 thieving ass cousins 
with only Compton between them
I’m stealing on hypo criticism
with the precision
of a lesbian tongue

There is no separation of church and state
As long as our laws are based on the bible

There is no separation of the body and soul
As long as one depends on the other
for human completion

The reason they killed Jesus
Wasn’t religious teachings
but rather his opposition to
New world order 
His blood was shed so that you and I 
Could have everlasting life while living
Can you see that? 
As long as you live under the law
You can not be free
Step outside of the box with me
Imagine that you really had a mind of your own 
and
The freedom to use it

Imagine you were not held down in a capitalist system
that rewards greed over wisdom
That you were not sheep gridlocked
In morning traffic
Commuting to offices to fulfill another man's dream
So that you can feed children
That you can not afford 
without running 
the same maze 
every day

Amazing grace, 
how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me...

I once was lost but now I’m found 
Was blind, but now I see.

Cataracts for Cadillac’s

We’d turn a blind eye to 
the misleads of our leaders
for a whiff of the American Pie

One that promises
if you are to stay cool, 
follow the rules
pay your taxes, 
never challenge or question 
Big Pimpin’
You’ll be rewarded 
with golden whore tracks in the sky
I don’t need a degree to say what I mean, 
See, I grew up watching the street from a gated window

Barred in the center of the ghetto
A welfare child
With a white hippie mother
Being molested in a 
Southern Baptist foster home
Where I learned that
Children should be seen and not heard

No, don’t listen to the children, 
they haven’t been brainwashed yet

Truth is like death to Big Pimpin’
and he does not want to die
will kill your children first
because he knows there is no pie in the sky
It’s just a lie he tells, 
to increase sales
and to keep you in line

Your left, your left
Your military left
Your left your right 
your left your right
Your left your right your left

Sound off 1,2
Sound off 3,4
Sound off 1, twooooo,3,4

If I told you the truth
I might be a writer, an artist, prophet
But for my son to eat 
I have to learn to be a capitalist
An entrepreneur, 
working for profit
What is more, 
A corporate slave
Well behaved
Not talking about things

that feel good

The weight of my pen
Is so overbearing in my weakened state

My son is hungry

No dear, I don’t have time to read for you
Just put my grandiose ideology over there 
on a shelf 
next to all the others 
outside the box thinking
who died broke and proud
like a noble fool

By the way, 
excuse me, 
Do you know where I can find a carpool? 

Jessica Holter

No comments: