Monday, May 18, 2015

Momma's Lil' Baby (Love Hoin' Hoin') - Poem by Jessica Holter

momma's little baby love hoin', hoin'
momma's little baby love strollin' tracks
momma's little baby love strollin' strollin'
momma's little baby ain't neva' comin' back

so now you done got clean, you wanna save me? 
you wasn't here when he said, he had love fa me
where was you back den? 
where was that pie in'na sky hymn i thought i rememba'd you sing? 
befo dem pipe dreams read us a never-ending story
like dem Bible people, what neva did begat a clue
hard times had me missin' you and findin you in him

he said he would die a million times if only i would, if only he could, 
be with me forever, me his ghetto cinderella, pretty girl with a' ugly limp
at first i didn't want to do it, but for he my ever true pimp, 
said at worst I'd, cry my way through it

but afterwards, no words to hurt or fake, 
but bread to break, a table to sup, my cup runs over
no curse, no omen, nothin' to show men, they ain't seen already nor did
i love you momma but don't chase me no mo' and
don't come after me too, nothin you kin do, but don't you be blue
no creed as true as that of the stroll, old woman be glad to know, 
yo' baby done grown into a' honest ho

momma's little baby love hoin', hoin'
momma's little baby love strollin' tracks
momma's little baby love strollin' strollin'
momma's little baby ain't neva' comin' back

‘member when you useta, hit a' blazin' pipe torch, to send yo shame away
t'da pie in na' sky betta day? 
yet you say somebody usin' me to get pay...
freedom be between, me an them men
no curse, no omen, nothin' to show them, they ain't seen already, nor did
the po day done hid, behind dollar signs, shine bright like, your hot pipe light 
summer night eyes an' sizzling growling belly aching away
all night awake an' holdin' you shakin, beggin you to stay but
you lef' me alone, trying to raise me now that i'm grown
my truth be da fruits you done sewn, i did my best to never go hungry no mo 
old woman you need to be knowin', your baby is well and your baby is happy
with the daddy that got me t' hoin'
don't cha worry y'self none, it all be ova soon
we be laughin' allis away, you wit da pipe high, me wit da sor' thigh
what tingle wit herpe venom, r'n'r, rest and laxation, one day well gett ‘em
in na pie inna' sky betta day! 

me and you cain't fret where we goin', cause the lawd knows where we been
now stand on yo feet, an' let the congregation say amen! 


GHETTO GIRL BLUE
Jessica Holter for Verbal Penetration 

No comments: