Saturday, May 09, 2015

My Heart Cried for Sister

"Givin' up", 
she sang, 
"is hard to do
when you really 
love someone..."

I wasn't even old enough
to be in that 99 cent theater
watching 
her crawl

I wasn't even old enough
to be responsible for my sins

still my heart cried for Sister

Now, on the poetic battlefield
I fight the fight with words
I hope will light a path to make a difference
for women who struggle with
male indifference

I fight the fight with my pen
for women who would sooner 
give their pussies away for moments of ecstacy, 
than look at themselves in a mirror

Who wants to look at dead people? 

She was beautiful 
even in that casket, 
making room for her sister to Sparkle

Perhaps my own Punany Experience will kill me
like it has so many, who have given it up
too soon and to the wrong one

But, I implore you, when I die
do not put flowers on my grave, 
just have these words engraved
Here lies GGB, 
a mother, a poet and a minister
all of her life, 
her heart cried for Sister

by Jessica Holter 

No comments: